Student Advisors – With You Every Step of the Way
Alliant Student Advisors are dedicated to supporting your academic needs and there are no questions too big or too small for us to answer. From the time you are accepted at Alliant, to graduation and everything in between, your assigned student advisor will be your primary contact for the most up-to-date and accurate information about policies, procedures, and resources to help you navigate your journey at Alliant.
Our advisors partner with faculty and campus departments including Admissions, Academic Programs, Disability Services, Military/Veterans, Career Services and International Student Services to ensure you have access to the resources you need. We understand that it’s possible to have more than just one or two issues that are important to you.
If you need help with course registration, credit transfer evaluation or creating a personalized success plan, please come in! Our student advisors are here for you.
Student Advising: At a Glance
What Can My Student Advisor Help With?
Here are some ways your student advisor can help navigate the academic landscape at Alliant University.
Student Advisory Services
Campus Facilities Support
Alliant has a selection of on-campus amenities available to support your health, wellness, and personal growth. When you just need to get away from it all, feel free to come in and relax in a reflection room for meditation or quiet contemplation, or take advantage of free coffee to perk you up for studying.
Get personalized degree plans to guide course enrollment and academic pathways recommendations. Student advisors help you chart your path to graduation by assisting you to develop a personalized degree plan that aligns with your program requirements, elective areas of emphasis, and incorporates any prior credits.
Dissertation and Graduation
Finish your Alliant journey confidently and smoothly. The final milestone on your path to professional success should be stress-free and smooth. Student advisors will walk you through the protocols and procedures required for dissertation clearance, dissertation completion and archiving as well as completion of graduation formalities.
Link to the Registrar
Student Advisors act as bridges to commonly used Registrar services such as name changes, grade changes, education verification, internship hours, comprehensive exams, doctoral exams and more.
Student Life Connections
Student life activities provide opportunities for students to connect and build community. Student Services staff, in partnership with student organizations, plan programs that encourage professional and personal development, social interactions, cultural proficiency, student leadership and campus pride.
Items a Student Advisor Can Help You With
- Enrollment Verification letters i.e. verifying that you are enrolled in the program, that you have passed dissertation proposal/defense, expected date of degree conferral, etc.
- Degree Audit Reviews – What progress you have made towards earning your degree and program requirements
- Diploma and transcript questions
- Registration questions (when to register, what to register for, etc.)
- Modified schedules and transfer credit
- Changing emphasis areas or tracks
- Pre-licensure training information and verification letters
- Assisting students with getting connected to Financial aid, billing, refunds, and anything else related to your student account (including how dropped classes impact your bill)
New Student Orientation
Receive information you need to make your years at Alliant a highly productive one. Attend a New Student Orientation virtually or in person (dependent upon your program):
- Meet your Program Director and other students in your program
- Information about student activities and involvement opportunities
- Introduction to library & career services, tutoring resources, and MyAlliant portal
Frequently Used Student Resources
Ask the librarian to show you how our library is your guide to all your research needs. We have articles, videos, books, statistical reports, language learning and so much more. Contact your student advisor or access PDF guides to discover all of the free resources that are available to our Alliant students.
You may access Alliant IT support in 2 ways:
1. Contact IT Helpdesk Tier 1 support, provided exclusively by Alliant Students, via email email@example.com or call (858) 635-4357, option 2. Support is available from 7:30am – 7:30pm Monday – Friday and 7:30 am – 3:00pm on Saturday
2. You may also access our online knowledge base of self-help materials at http://help.alliant.edu
Registration & Records
Log into MyAlliant Portal to access Registration and Records. Complete a multitude of tasks, including academic absence, course add/drop/withdrawals, name change, program change, course audits, diploma requests and so much more.
Many students rely on financial aid to attend college, whether they choose Alliant or other universities. Fortunately, Alliant offers several types of financial aid programs to assist the diverse needs of our students and their families. For more information, please visit the Financial Aid Office page. To access the Office of Financial Services, log into MyAlliant Portal.
Student Business Services
Use CashNet to pay your bills, find information on tuition and fees and get most of your student business service related questions answered. Or log into MyAlliant Portal to access Student Business Services.
Transcripts from Alliant Schools (including from USIU) can be ordered by visiting https://www.alliant.edu/academics/registrar-public/request-transcript/