Academic Support: Online Tutoring, Writing Reviews and Dissertation Support
Alliant academic and tutoring resources are available to students on all campuses and those enrolled in online classes. Students may access convenient online tutoring and academic support or schedule an appointment for face-to-face tutoring.
Online Tutoring and Academic Support Resources
Brain Fuse – BrainFuse transforms the student learning experience by offering personalized resources. You can receive instant instruction from a live tutor, get feedback on your writing within 24 hours, schedule a session with an online tutor or learn how to improve your study skills. If you would like more information, browse our resources for a list of ways we can help.
Alliant Hawk – Alliant Hawk is available for students who want a self-paced support system. If you are looking for dissertation support and cutting-edge statistical competencies, please browse the features that Alliant Hawk has to offer.
Walk-In writing and statistics tutoring is offered on many campuses if you prefer in-person support. Making an appointment ahead of time is strongly recommended however.
To check for availability:
1. Log into MyAlliant Portal
2. Navigate to Academic Support & Resources
3. Follow Link
For any additional questions or if you are interested in tutoring Alliant students, contact Director of Learning Support Services, Richard Gardner at email@example.com or contact any of the Campus Directors below:
Your Campus Contacts
Director HAWK Tutoring
Academic Support Resources at Alliant: A Snapshot
From APA Manual, plagiarism checker, and other APA related resources, the answers are all here.
Online Writing Lab
Looking to have your paper reviewed? No problem! Submit your writing to our online writing lab and receive feedback from a tutor within 24 hours.
Out self-enrolling online HAWK Statistics Moodles have practically every statistical analysis resource Alliant students will ever need.
Walk-in tutoring may be available on some campuses, but making an appointment ahead of time is strongly recommended. Login to MyAlliant portal and navigate to Alliant HAWK to find and reserve your tutor.
Accessing the Brain Fuse is easy and convenient. Login to MyAlliant Portal and navigate to Brain Fuse. You are ready to use all the features available.
Brain Fuse Features
What you do and how you benefit with BrainFuse:
- Submit a question – Get an answer
- Submit your writing – Get feedback within 24 hrs
- Request a tutor- Interact live
- Create Flashcards – Reinforce classroom learning
- ESL Practice – Improve grammar and writing skills
- Utilize eParachute – Discover your strengths, talents and career path
- Collaborate with friend – Create a virtual study room
Your Online Tutoring and Writing Service
With BrainFuse, you are just a click away from expert tutors and multiple resources. Take advantage of our comprehensive online tutoring experience and interact with an instructor in Real Time. Or get your writing reviewed and receive feedback within 24 hours. We also offer Tutor Match where you can schedule an appointment with a tutor and many other rich academic support & collaborative tools.
Alliant Hawk – Your Dissertation Support HQ
Dissertation Writing Resources
Our online HAWK Writing Center Moodle has rich dissertation writing resources, including:
- Free online APA Manual, 6th ed.
- Turnit.com plagiarism checker
- APA formatting examples
- APA Writing Style Dos and Do-nots
- Journal Article Reporting Standards (JARS)
- Other APA-related resources
Higher Achievement, Wisdom and Knowledge
From online dissertation writing resources to statistics, Alliant HAWK is your partner in academic success & excellence. Most of our academic support resources have been broken down into two basic competencies: dissertation writing skills development and cutting-edge statistical competencies.You can self-enroll in any Alliant HAWK modules easily by following the following steps:
1. Go to Alliant’s Moodle site at http://elearning.alliant.edu.
2. Log into the Alliant Moodle site.
3. Scroll to the very bottom of the Alliant Moodle site’s front page and type the word “hawk” into the tiny search box and all of the HAWK Moodles will appear.
4. Click the HAWK Moodle that you want to use.
5. Click on the ENROLL ME button (if you are already enrolled, this button will not appear) to self-enroll.
6. After self-enrolling, the next time you go to the Alliant Moodle site, the HAWK Moodle(s) will show up on your personal list of Alliant Moodle courses.
7. Any problems accessing any Alliant Moodle course, please contact the Alliant Moodle Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Statistical Resources
Our self-enrolling online HAWK Statistics modules have practically every statistical analysis Alliant students will ever need:
- HAWK I – Introductory statistics (video tutorials by hand, MS Excel, some SPSS)
- HAWK II – t tests, ANOVAs, ANCOVAs, MANOVAs, others (SPSS video tutorials)
- HAWK III – Correlations, regressions, factor analysis, logistic regression, SEM (SPSS video tutorials)
- HAWK IV – Student-made comp exam resources
- HAWK V – Dissertation Boot Camp
- Statistical Victionary – critical statistical vocabulary definitions, examples, videos